Botanical Innovations was presented as a Finalist in the inaugural Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award by Annette Mackay, Regional Manager, Prime Super at the 2017 Regional Achievement and Community Awards Presentation ceremony held at Marina Views Function Centre on the Harbour on Friday 10th November.
The Awards were hosted by Daniel Gibson, PRIME7 News Presenter and over 200 guests gathered from across New South Wales and the ACT including official guest, The Hon Paul Toole MP, Minister for Lands and Forestry, to celebrate regional New South Wales and the ACT’s high achievers and community contributors.
Botanical Innovations in Molong has developed proprietary technologies to create novel nutraceutical flavours, fragrances and ingredients for functional foods and beverages, natural healthcare and cosmetics. The company focuses on adding value to low value agricultural, horticultural and processing waste streams with farmers and processes. Botanical Innovations harvests native Australian plants and weeds and provide new cropping opportunities for essential oils. This will provide long term income streams for farmers and local manufacturing jobs.
The seven category winners are:
- • The Ulladulla Native Flora and Fauna Reserve Trust – NSW Department of Industry, Lands Crown Reserve Trust, Community Manager’s Award
- • Gummun Place Hostel of Merriwa – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- • Carmel (Fudge) Kaczmar of East Maitland – 1st Choice Rentals Volunteering Award
- • Tilligerry Habitat Association Inc of Tanilba Bay – NSW Department of Industry, Lands Crown Reserve Trust, Corporate Manager’s Award
- • Drape Net of Nashdale – Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
- • Fitness in The Park of Goulburn – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- • Hope Centre – Illawarra Food Hub – Awards Australia Community Group of the Year Award
Winners each received either $2,500 from Commonwealth Bank or Television exposure on PRIME7 along with a magnificent trophy.
The Awards night culminated a tremendously successful year with over 220 nominations received from across regional New South Wales and the ACT.
The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards began in 2002, with the purpose of encouraging, acknowledging, and rewarding the valuable contributions individuals, communities and businesses are making throughout regional New South Wales and the ACT. The awards create the opportunity to recognise their hard work and dedication and their contribution to the future of regional New South Wales.
Further information about Botanical Innovations can be obtained by phoning the
Awards Office on 1300 735 445, 0421 485 313 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org